Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Love is Love ~~ Jax Steele



I have loved the idea of love. The idea of feeling the type of euphoria just being around someone who makes your heart race, goose bump rise on your skin and makes your dick hard and they have only given you a hug and smiled at you. *shakes off chill* That’s love. Men feel that way when they are in the presence of someone they love. They can’t help it. When you leave their side and count the moments until they are near you again…that’slove and I love that! It was the reason that I decided to write romance. Love should never be limited …especially by gender or race.

At the time I started writing I hadn’t read any romances (and had a lot under my belt, believe me!) that had two men in the lead roles. I did enjoy the story line of the romances I read with the dashing rough that came in to sweep the damsel off her feet and they lived happily ever after, but after the 1000thone I started to wonder if anyone was gonna show men getting swept off their feet too.

I wanted to see books with brilliant, sexy, handsome strong male characters that loved men. I was also glad when I found out that I wasn’t the only one. Now, almost 7 years since I sold my first story, you can find books like this that span the spectrum from vanilla to any kind of kink you’re you’re interested in seeing! I am pleased to count myself as an author of such literature.

For this blog I wanted spotlight my book Right side of the Tracks. It’s a story of sacrifice, true love, family, forgiveness and reconciliation. All of that can be seen between two men as they share an intimate relationship just like it can in a female-male relationship.






Blurb:

A drunken decision during dare week changed Russell Drake’s life forever. Less than a year later he was a nurse, a husband and a father. For a young, gay man this was way pass tilt on his shock meter. He knew there was no way he could handle all that had happened to him, but after one look into the little face of his son he had made up his mind to do whatever was necessary to give him a good life and keep him happy…even if that meant he wasn’t.

James Adams was just getting into a relationship with Russ when they were accepted at two different colleges. They kept in touch during their college years via letters, emails and they hooked up every chance they went home for holidays and vacations. James was thrilled that school was almost over for them. They were seniors and that meant that after graduation they would finally be together, but then Russ disappeared and James’s heart broke.

When Russ resurfaced James wanted more than anything to be with Russ again. He was willing to leave the past in the past and pick up where they left off, but Russ was hesitant. Russ only wanted what was best for Tyrell. Could James be what’s best for both the father and the son?


Excerpt:

James extended his hand. “I thought you might want a beer.”

Grateful for the distraction, Russ exhaled loudly; he hadn’t even realized that he had stopped breathing. He grabbed the beer and gulped down half of the bottle in two loud gulps.

“Thanks,” he managed to squeak out.

James nodded and sat next to him on the bumper. The tension between them was like static electricity in the air.

Russ had a million conversations for a million scenarios for if this possibility occurred. He knew James was waiting for him to say something, but every time he opened his mouth too many words rushed out at the same time, resulting in nothing audible. With obvious frustration, Russ gulped down the rest of his beer.

“So… how you been?” James said, breaking the awkward silence.

Russ looked at him again. They sat side by side on the back of his car, both leaning over on their knees. As Russ rolled his empty Budweiser bottle between his hands, he sent a sideways look over to James, who stared at the ground in the same position rolling his bottle the same way.

“I’m,” squeaked then cleared his throat. “I’m okay, James.”

James turned to him with a raised eyebrow. “Really? You don’t look okay. I mean, you look fantastic, even better than the last time I saw you, but you know that’s not what I meant. It’s your eyes that give you away.”He leaned over and caressed Russ’s face. “Those beautiful bright blue eyes always told me what was really going on inside of you.”

The touch of James’ hand across his face sent a shudder of erotic longing through Russ’s body. Instantly his dick got hard as he closed his eyes and pressed into it.

“James….”

He whispered his name, a soft, raspy sound. At hearing it James let out a low erotic noise of his own. His hand pressed against Russ’s clean-shaven face, urging him to his feet as he rose with him.

“Russ, I’ve missed you so much,” James whispered slowly, closing the gap between their faces.

“James, I’ve missed you, too, but—”

James stopped his explanation as he pressed his lips hard against Russ’s lips. James ate at Russ’s mouth softly and gently as Russ sighed his enjoyment. His fingers moved from Russ’s cheek to the back of his head to grab a handful of Russ’s brown hair. He pulled Russ’s head back, ending their sensual kiss and exposing Russ’s neck. Bending down, he put tender kisses along his throat and his bobbing Adam’s apple.

Flashes of memory came crashing back to Russ’s mind, becoming more vivid each time James’ lips touched his heated skin. His cock pressed harshly against his Dockers and his torso suddenly felt overheated in the button-down

blue shirt he wore. He was grateful that he had pulled his tie off as soon as he left the courtroom earlier in the day. It would have been extremely tight and constricting at the moment. Suddenly the unpleasant events of his past week surged forward in his mind and overtook the pleasure of what James was doing to his body.

“Wait, wait, James, please,” Russ gasped softly, pushing him away.

James backed away, but his handsome face was twisted in confusion. Seeing the pain in James’ eyes, Russ turned away.

“Please, James, don’t look at me like that.”

“How am I supposed to look at you, Rusty? I don’t know what’s going on,” James said with obvious restraint.

Russ flinched inwardly at the use of the pet name James had given him years ago. He had heard the name on many happy occasions and tender moments, especially when James was pounding his cock into him during the heat of passion. Russ’s body reacted again to the erotic memory and his cock throbbed inside of his pants again.

“Talk to me, Rusty,” James said, moving close behind him.“Tell me what’s happening here. Better yet, tell me what happened?” Confusion and pain strained his voice as he turned Russ back to him. “I thought we had something special,” he said in a whisper.

Russ’s heart ached as he looked into the depths of James’glistening brown pools. He had only done what he thought was right at the time.

“James, I swear, I never meant to hurt you. I just—”

Russ’s explanation was cut short again as James yanked him back into his arms. His kiss was passionate and full of emotion. James kissed him hungrily this time, sucking on his tongue, pulling him even closer to him.

Russ’s head spun dizzily and his knees finally buckled, but James’arms were strong, holding him upright. James broke the kiss, leaving Russ breathless and almost panting with need.

“I’ve missed you so much, Rusty. Please, please, come back to my house with me. I want you so bad. Let me hold you, let me show you how much I’ve missed you,” he said, nuzzling his neck between kisses.

Oh God, yes! Russ’s body screamed.

James’ kisses were intoxicating. Russ could feel James’ cock pressing against his own through the thin material of his shorts, and it felt so good. His body remembered James and wanted all that he was offering. It remembered every caress from James’ strong hands, the very hands that were sliding up and down his back and gripping his ass to hold him so close. Russell’s body cried out to his brain to just say yes so that it could feel James’ touch again without the barrier of their clothes, but his brain refused. Again, the disheartening events played over in Russ’ mind’s eye and pulled him from the joy he felt in James’ arms.

“I’m so sorry, James, but I can’t. Please, you have to understand,”Russ said, choking on the words that tore at his heart. He reluctantly removed himself from James’ embrace and walked back to his house without a backward look.


Available now at Dreamspinner Press.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment